What is a Core Charge?
A “Core Charge” is similar to the deposit you might pay for a beer can or wine bottle. To promote recycling, you are charged a deposit when you purchase a can of beer and you receive your deposit back when you return the empty can. Many automotive parts have a Core Charge, or Core Price, that works the same way as a beer can deposit.
Here’s how the Core Charge works:
- The part you are purchasing contains a component that is recyclable
- The Core Charge deposit is charged at the time of purchase
- When the recyclable component from your old part is returned to us, the charge is refunded to you
To receive your Core Charge refund, you can do either of the following:
- Bring the part into the Canada Catalyst Inc. store along with your receipt within 30 days of the sale
- Mail/ship the part to Canada Catalyst Inc.
We Charge HST on Core.
Core parts returned after the initial purchase are not eligible for HST(Harmonized Sales Tax) refund. Only the charge itself is refunded. HST on Core Charges are mandated by the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency). Please visit the following link for more information:
A current list of core prices can be provided to you by request. Please email Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org for your copy.
The prices on the web page mostly include core and will say in the description. Items not including core in the price will have the current core rate added at the time of check out. It is our hope to soon have all core charges included in all prices where applicable online and apologise for this inconvenience. There is no core charge or core exchange for body, interior or accessory parts.
Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail with your questions.